Saturday, September 24, 2005

"Black Canary said a buzzsaw arrow was self-indulgent."

That's the quote from tonight's Justice League Unlimited. It was spoken by Green Arrow (obviously) after he cut himself free from a villain's mega-snare. Most of the characters are perfectly rendered on this show, with the exception being Hawkman, who made his debut last week. He came off as a goofy Hawkgirl-fanboy/hero wannabe. One of the best things about the series is that Lex Luthor is voiced by Clancy Brown. You remember Clancy, don't you? Perhaps you know him by his other name: The Kurgan.

That's all the geek speak for tonight. I was just itching for a reason to post today and GA rescued me with that wonderful quote. The day was spent on the homefront doing some fall cleaning. Good stuff. Dragged some major junk out of the basement for the dump, waxed a vehicle and played with the kids. Major project: cleaning out and organizing the linen closet.

I don't get Inuyasha. I just don't.

Playing on XM: Neil Young - "Love to Burn" Sweet.

6 comments:

  1. What is "Inuyasha"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An anime series on Cartoon Network. It's a fantasy series surrounding a cool group of adventurers and their quest to thwart ultimate evil. I WANT to like it, but the anime-style fight sequences and convuluted storyline just turn me off. As much as I like animated TV, I've never liked much anime. Even old-school Akira didn't really do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you could have stopped at Anime. I don't get it. I've tried, and some of it is ok, but the majority of it actually turns me off. Unless you are talking about Battle of the Planets/G-Force, which I watched every day when I was 5 or 6. That was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, Battle of the Planets was/is incredible! The only other thing I've really liked in the least is Bubblegum Crisis (2040). Other than that, I'm all, 'Feh.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, Battle of the Planets was/is incredible! The only other thing I've really liked in the least is Bubblegum Crisis (2040). Other than that, I'm all, 'Feh.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:07 PM

    I love the imagery... my big problem with Anime is that they seem to waste such beautiful images on such god-awful stories... which is probably a lot of things being lost in translation, but damn man... they'll have 30 seconds of a fight scene and then they'll obsess about some inane conversation between two people in their kitchen for 10 minutes. Though if you haven't seen it, Spirited Away is pretty decent (by comparison).

    ReplyDelete