My wife and I had so much fun that we've decided to re-enact New Year's Eve on a monthly basis with an afternoon spent playing games with friends. We're dubbing the occasion "First Saturdays" and we started it this weekend. Not everyone we invited was able to make it, but that's okay. We'll do it again in a few weeks.
The afternoon's fun was composed of a pretty good mix of games:
- Inn Fighting (where players are participants in a terrific tavern brawl)
- Ninja Burger (delivering fast-food takeout to the most unlikely of locations without being seen)
- The Big Idea (playing venture capitalists bringing new inventions to market and trying to make the most money)
- Snorta (a memory game where everyone makes animal sounds - lots of silly fun and NOT a drinking game)
- Apples to Apples (picking the best representation of a descriptive word)
- Sorry (the standard kids board game)
I can't wait for next month! I also can't believe I roleplayed and board-gamed in the same week. It's starting off to be a great year!
Now reading: Gail Carriger's Soulless